[Lustre-discuss] SCSI driver problem on 2.6.22.19 + lustre 1.8.1?

Tue Sep 1 12:06:54 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 13:47 -0500, Nirmal Seenu wrote:

> In lustre 1.8.0.1 it used to be:
>
> journal->j_commit_timer.expires = round_jiffies(transaction->t_expires);
>
> and it is the following in Lustre 1.8.1:
>
>    journal->j_commit_timer.expires = transaction->t_expires;

Yes, that's one of the differences I listed.

> I guess this patch was applied based on the these bug and it seems to
> fix the problem with the Redhat and SLES kernels and break vanilla kernels:

Or perhaps rather only works with kernels of a certain vintage.  I don't
really know.

> The only other differnece is from the 8kstack-2.6.12.patch which used to
> modify the following line in include/asm-i386/thread_info.h
>
> from
>   #define THREAD_SIZE            (4096)
>   #define THREAD_SIZE            (8192)
>
> It seems like, it would be safe for me to rollback the changes to
> fs/jbd/transaction.c and continue using 2.6.22.19 kernel.

You certainly could give that a try.  Please do file a bug in our
bugzilla about your findings.

b.