[Lustre-discuss] Vanilla 2.6.27.31 + Lustre server 1.8.1?

Andreas Dilger adilger at Sun.COM
Wed Sep 2 01:19:01 PDT 2009

On Aug 31, 2009  15:12 -0500, Nirmal Seenu wrote:
> Is it safe to use the SLES11 Lustre patches on the 2.6.27.31 vanilla
> kernel source tree?
>
> I tried using quilt to patch the vanilla kernel and the only patch that
> seem to fail is md-raid5 and I don't need md-raid5 support on my Lustre
> servers.

We haven't tested it...  That said, upstream distros change their
kernels much less from mainline than they used to, so it isn't
likely to break completely.

Note that the "raid5" patch is also applicable to "raid6" (they share the
the same code).  This is for MD software RAID only.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.