[Lustre-discuss] Oops: Lustre mount of MDS causes kernel panic in mds_free_client

Fri Sep 4 06:17:00 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 08:45 -0400, Dave Johnson wrote:
> The Lustre version is 1.6.0.1.

Wow.  I couldn't imagine how really old that release is.  You seriously
need to consider an upgrade to something recent.  1.8.1 or 1.6.7.2
perhaps.

I'm not even going to try to guess (or search for) which bug this is
that you've run across as we have fixed too many bugs since that release
to start trawling through them all.

Our bug database is open (for the most part) so feel free to search
yourself if you wish.  http://bugzilla.lustre.org/

> Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Seriously, if there was only one thing you could do to help yourself out
that would be upgrade.  If the problem persists after that, at least you
will be working with code we can all at least remember.

b.