[Lustre-discuss] WARNING: data corruption issue found in 1.8.x releases

Charles A. Taylor taylor at hpc.ufl.edu
Wed Sep 9 12:30:42 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 13:23 -0600, Lundgren, Andrew wrote:
> Does this need to be run on EACH OSS?  Is there a central way to do it on the MDS?
>
> You recommend disabling the read and the write as the settings indicate or just the read as the text indicates?

A clarification would be good here.   So far, we have found that our
OSSs crash with the recommended work-around so that is a non-starter for
us.   If we can run with just the read_cache_enable=0 and that is
acceptable to avoid the corruptions bug, then that would be good to
know.

At the moment we are not even sure we can run with just
read_cache_enable=0.   We just know that we can't run with them both
disabled for more than a few minutes with crashing in
obd_filter_preprw().

Charlie Taylor
UF HPC Center