[Lustre-discuss] WARNING: data corruption issue found in 1.8.x releases

Charles A. Taylor taylor at hpc.ufl.edu
Thu Sep 10 06:50:34 PDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 09:28 +0200, Johann Lombardi wrote:

> > Can you please post your stack traces into bug 20560 so that we can
> > resolve this problem ASAP.
>
> For the record, we tested this workaround many times on various
> clusters and it worked just fine. I see that you have provided more data
> in bug 20560, we are looking at it.

Actually, we did not provide the data.  Another site did.  However,
their experience - including the stack trace - was identical to ours.
The only difference is our servers went down within minutes, not hours.

Thanks for taking a look and providing the patch and I'm sorry we didn't
have the stack trace to post but it just goes to the console and there
is no easy way to get the text into a file.   And yes, I know we should
fix that.   We're just not used to lustre crashing on us and have not
had to worry about capturing stack traces for some time.  :)

Charlie Taylor
UF HPC Center