[Lustre-discuss] WARNING: data corruption issue found in 1.8.x releases

Oleg Drokin Oleg.Drokin at Sun.COM
Fri Sep 11 06:39:46 PDT 2009

Hello!

On Sep 11, 2009, at 9:33 AM, Aaron Knister wrote:

> Is the read cache corruption actually causing on-disk corruption? Or
> just in-memory corruption? I'm assuming the write cache corruption
> would end up causing the file to become corrupt on disk, but if a
> node crashes during a write then I'm personally not all that
> bothered by it.

Well, It's in-memory corruption that can later on could lead to on-
disk corruption.
Consider that the app does partial-page write or just reads and then
writes back data.
In both cases invalid data would be read from the cache and then
written back to the disk.

Bye,
     Oleg