[Lustre-discuss] Issue with 1.8.1 patchless client and 1.6.7.2 server

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Fri Sep 18 14:19:45 PDT 2009

On Sep 18, 2009  17:03 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> That said, and to be sure, my individual use is not at all an
> endorsement for Lustre on Ubuntu, but I've been building patchless
> clients on Ubuntu kernels up to and including 2.6.24-19-generic.  I tend
> to feel the latest Lustre releases might even support the 2.6.27 kernels
> in Jaunty, but I have just not had the time to test it yet.

I thought your report in bug 19561 was specifically 2.6.27?

> > and past experience tells me
> > that they have some funky kernel patches that are interacting badly
> > with the Lustre code.
>
> Patchless client even?

What I mean is UBUNTU patching their kernel, and causing grief for the
Lustre code, not Lustre patches...

That said, it could just be something that was backported to the
2.6.27.stable tree that is giving Lustre heartburn...

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.