[Lustre-discuss] Large directories optimization

Oleg Drokin Oleg.Drokin at Sun.COM
Wed Sep 23 09:21:39 PDT 2009

Hello!

On Sep 23, 2009, at 7:47 AM, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
>>> I limit oss_num_threads instead?
>> Yes. (they are the same thing anyway)
> Thanks Oleg. One more question, this limit is per kernel module or
> per OST
> mount? E.g., I have 1 physical server that hosts 2 OST servers -
> OST0, OST1.
> This limit will be per OST0, OST1, or sum for both?

This is total number of ost service threads on that node (well, in
fact it is
multiplied by 2 due to different types of service served).
The service threads serve all OSTs on that OSS.

Bye,
     Oleg