[Lustre-discuss] Lustre client kernel panic

Oleg Drokin Oleg.Drokin at Sun.COM
Sat Sep 26 01:11:07 PDT 2009

Hello!

On Sep 26, 2009, at 1:57 AM, Nick Jennings wrote:

>  About an hour ago the client completely hung. Hosting co. says it was
> a kernel panic. I got not useful feedback in /var/log/messages from
> the
> client or the MDS. However from the OST I got several complaints.
> (below).
> Does anyone have any insight into the problem? All help as to how I
> can
> fix this, or avoid the problem, greatly appreciated.

The traces you see is a known bug (19557), it happens when client is
evicted
that had too many locks cached.
Unfortunately that provides us with zero insight into what happened to
the client
and MDS.

Bye,
     Oleg