[Lustre-discuss] lustre and snmp

George izghitu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 06:25:19 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am trying to use the lustre snmp module to see what is going on with
my lustre cluster.

I compiled the lustresnmp.so module from sources and put it in
/usr/lib64/lustre/snmp/. I added the:
dlmod lustresnmp /usr/lib64/lustre/snmp/lustresnmp.so
line to /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf, put the lustre mib file into
/usr/share/snmp/mibs and started the snmp daemons.

The docs on using snmp with lustre are somewhat poor and I wasn't able
to find how I can query the snmp server for lustre info.

I tried the following from localhost:
snmpget -v2c -c public  localhost LUSTRE-MIB::systemInformation.3
LUSTRE-MIB::sysHealthCheck = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

snmpget localhost -c public -v 1 -m LUSTRE-MIB sysHealthCheck
Error in packet
Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
Failed object: LUSTRE-MIB::sysHealthCheck

Am I doing something wrong?

Please help