[Lustre-discuss] "Setstripe count -1" what's the happen when one of the osts outs of space disk?

Kevin Van Maren Kevin.Vanmaren at Sun.COM
Mon Apr 5 22:44:33 PDT 2010

Just to clarify,

I believe Andreas is talking about creating the file after the OST is
already known to be out of space.

If a file is already striped across an OST, when that OST fills up,
writes that map to that OST will fail
if they require additional storage (ie, overwrites will work, but
growing the file will return ENOSPC
once you hit the full OST).

Kevin