[Lustre-discuss] fseeks on lustre

Ronald K Long rklong at usgs.gov
Tue Apr 13 07:59:58 PDT 2010

We are doing SEEK_SET

fseek(fp,offset[i],SEEK_SET

We were running into this same issue on our san file system until we set
the dma_cache_read_ahead to match our buffer size of 256k.  Just wondering
if there is away to set that within lustre.  We are running 1.8 on the MDS
and OSS and the clients running the fseek are are running 1.6

Thanks again.

Rocky