[Lustre-discuss] RDMA limitation?

Jiahua jiahua at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 17:08:57 PDT 2010

Hi all,

This is kind of a followup question of the thread "One or two OSS, no
difference?" last month. In that thread, Andreas stated:

"There is work currently underway to improve the SMP scaling
performance for the RPC handling layer in Lustre.  Currently that
limits the delivered RPC rate to 10-15k/sec or so."

My question is: is the limitation also applied to RDMA on IB? By SMP,
I guess Andreas was talking about CPU, right? Since RDMA can bypass
the host CPU, does it mean it can also bypass the limitation?

Thanks,
Jiahua