[Lustre-discuss] Lost Files - How to remove from MDT

Charles Taylor taylor at hpc.ufl.edu
Mon Apr 19 04:57:03 PDT 2010

You sure about that?   Looking at http://wiki.lustre.org/manual/LustreManual18_HTML/LustreRecovery.html#50598012_37365 step 1 says "Stop the Lustre File System".

> Also, I have
> rewritten large parts of lfsck and also fixed the parallelization code. I need
> to review all patches again and probably also make a hg or git repository out
> of it. Unfortunately, I always have more tasks to do than I manage to do...
> But given the fact that I fixed several bugs and added safety checks, I think
> my version actually is better than upstream.
>
> Let me know if you are interested and I can put a tar ball of
> e2fsprogs-sun-ddn on my home page.

Sure, we can try it but it seems to me that by the time you generate the OST data and run lfsck against the MDT, much could change on a file system being used by 600+ active clients.

REgards,

Charlie