[Lustre-discuss] Future of LusterFS?

Janne Aho janne at citynetwork.se
Fri Apr 23 03:41:19 PDT 2010

On 23/04/10 11:42, Stu Midgley wrote:

>> Would lustre have issues if using cheap off the shell components or
>> would people here think you need to have high end machines with built in
>> redundancy for everything?
>
> We run lustre on cheap off the shelf gear.  We have 4 generations of
> cheapish gear in a single 300TB lustre config (40 oss's)
>
> It has been running very very well for about 3.5 years now.

This sounds promising.

Have you had any hardware failures?
If yes, how well has the cluster cooped with the loss of the machine(s)?

Any advice you can share from your initial setup of lustre?

--
Janne Aho (Developer) | City Network Hosting AB - www.citynetwork.se
Phone: +46 455 690022 | Cell: +46 733 312775
EMail/MSN: janne at citynetwork.se
ICQ: 567311547 | Skype: janne_mz | AIM: janne4cn | Gadu: 16275665