[Lustre-discuss] Newbie w/issues

Oleg Drokin oleg.drokin at oracle.com
Tue Apr 27 18:43:20 PDT 2010

Hello!

On Apr 27, 2010, at 9:38 PM, Brian Andrus wrote:

> Odd, I just went through the log on the MDT and basically it has been repeating those errors for over 24 hours (not spewing, but often enough). only ONE other line on an ost:

Each such message means there was an attempt to send a ping to this server from a client that the server does not recognize.

> Apr 26 06:59:45 nas-0-4 kernel: LustreError: 137-5: UUID 'work-OST0000_UUID' is not available  for connect (no target)

This one tells you that a client tried to contact OST0, but this service is not hosted on that node (or did not yet start up).
This might be a somewhat valid message if you have failover configured and this node is a currently passive failover target for the service.

Bye,
    Oleg