[Lustre-discuss] Future of LusterFS?

Janne Aho janne at citynetwork.se
Wed Apr 28 06:03:30 PDT 2010

Thought I would say thanks for all the input you have given and I'm
sorry for misspelling of LustreFS.

As we are completely green when it comes to any form of cluster file
systems and we have to concider all the facts before we definitely know
what we should do and how much time we have to calculate to build up a
system, so that we can see if we can manage it "by ourselves" of if we
would need to get in external help.

Do you dare to estimate how long it would take to setup and tune a
system with offers 40T storage. The main purpose is to use the storage
to store VM-images which are used by KVM. Lest us assume that we use
hardware RAID6. Today there will be ~20 clients using the storage.

I know it's a really difficult question to answer, specially when not
saying how many machines there will be and so on (frankly we don't know
how it will be in the end), but I'm not really looking for how many
minutes it will take, more roughly if it will be something that may take
some days or quite many weeks or months...

Thanks in advance for any replays.

--
Janne Aho (Developer) | City Network Hosting AB - www.citynetwork.se
Phone: +46 455 690022 | Cell: +46 733 312775
EMail/MSN: janne at citynetwork.se
ICQ: 567311547 | Skype: janne_mz | AIM: janne4cn | Gadu: 16275665