[Lustre-discuss] Rolling client upgrades

Brian J. Murrell Brian.Murrell at oracle.com
Fri Apr 30 13:18:55 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-30 at 16:15 -0400, Erik Froese wrote:
> Should there be any issue rolling client upgrades from 1.8.1 to 1.8.1.1.

No.

> More specifically, does anyone foresee problems with some clients
> running 1.8.1 and others 1.8.1.1?

There should not be, no.  As you likely know, when we update the 4th
version field (in the 1.8 series) it's a "critical bugfix" update and I
could imagine only in the rarest of rare conditions would that yield an
incompatibility with the version it was critically updating.  I'd almost
say never, but I never say never.  :-)

b.