[Lustre-discuss] OST targets not mountable after disabling/enabling MMP

Edward Walter ewalter at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Aug 9 07:57:29 PDT 2010

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the tip.

This gives me an MMP error though:
[root at oss-0-25 log]# tune2fs -E clear-mmp /dev/sdd
tune2fs 1.40.11.sun1 (17-June-2008)
tune2fs: MMP: appears fsck currently being run on the filesystem while
trying to open /dev/sdd
Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock.

At the risk of being obvious; we're not running any kind of fsck
operation on this volume.

Also, I can still mount this volume read-only using ldiskfs as the
filesystem type (so I'm suspicious of the filesystem superblock message).

Thanks.

-Ed