[Lustre-discuss] OST targets not mountable after disabling/enabling MMP

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon Aug 9 08:22:06 PDT 2010

>Using 'tune2fs -f -E clear-mmp' causes tune2fs to segfault:

Ewww .... well, not sure what to tell you about that.

>Did you use a newer version of tune2fs/e2fsprogs?  Our current version
>is e2fsprogs-1.40.11.sun1-0redhat.  Do you know if it's safe to rev up
>versions on e2fsprogs while running an older lustre kernel revision (1.6.6)?

I am using e2fsprogs-1.41.6.sun1-0suse ... and I know that is old.

I was going to say that I don't know if revving up e2fsprogs is okay, but
I see that Andreas already answered that one.  I can't be 100% sure that
upgrading e2fsprogs _will_ solve your problem, but I think it's worth
a shot.

--Ken