[Lustre-discuss] Anyone using this or similar system

Richard Chang rchang.lists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 23:04:29 PDT 2010

 Hello List memebers,
We are planning a Lustre setup for our lab. I was searching for cheap but reliable DAS and/or JBOD solutions for setting this up and came across this:

http://www.supermicro.com/products/chassis/4U/846/SC846E26-R1200.cfm

I would like to know if anyone has any experience in setting up this or similar kind of a system.

I am planning to add 5 similar 4U chassis and create a 200TB Lustre pool. These will be the OSS and I can use a smaller sized box for the MDS.

By the way, what will be the ideal memory size if we use such a system for OSS, keeping in mind I need to make 6 OST's ( i.e. 8TB file-system size per OST ).

Thanks in advance,

Richard.