[Lustre-discuss] Lustre Message Sending/Receiving Problems

Alexey Lyashkov alexey.lyashkov at clusterstor.com
Fri Aug 13 09:51:02 PDT 2010

Hi,

i think you say about lustre 1.8 ptlrpc API ?
look into ldlm_cli_convert, that good example of using that API.
for first you must declare sending buffer via ptlrpc_prep_req,
second, you must declare reply buffer via ptlrpc_req_set_repsize,
if you want synchronous request processing you should use ptlrpc_queue_wait,
if you want async request processing, use should assing async completion callback and add into ptlrpcd processing queue via ptlrpcd_add_req.