[Lustre-discuss] ll_ost_creat_* goes bersek (100% cpu used - OST disabled)

Adrian Ulrich adrian at blinkenlights.ch
Sat Aug 14 09:05:46 PDT 2010

> The journal will prevent inconsistencies in the filesystem in case of a crash.
> It cannot prevent corruption of the on-disk data, inconsistencies caused by cache
> enabled on the disks or in a RAID controller, software bugs, memory corruption, bad cables, etc.

The OSS is part of a 'Snowbird' installation, so the RAID/Disk part should be fine.
I hope that we 'just' hit a small software bug :-/

> That is why it is still a good idea for users to run e2fsck periodically on a filesystem.

Ok, we will keep this in mind (e2fsck was surprisingly fast anyway!)

Regards,
 Adrian

--
 RFC 1925:
   (11) Every old idea will be proposed again with a different name and