[Lustre-discuss] needs_recovery flag?

Andreas Dilger andreas.dilger at oracle.com
Mon Aug 16 15:06:50 PDT 2010

The main issue is that tune2fs changing the superblock while the journal is not recovered means any changes will be lost. It is hard to get this 100% correct, since it is possible to set some tunable on the mounted superblock, and replaying the journal in that case would be bad.

Running 'e2fsck /dev/xxxx' (no options) should be enough to replay the journal, without doing a full filesystem scan.

Cheers, Andreas