[Lustre-discuss] Is 1.6.x.x still available

Andreas Dilger andreas.dilger at oracle.com
Mon Aug 30 13:46:33 PDT 2010

On 2010-08-30, at 14:04, Daneil Goodman wrote:
> We have several ten servers and thousands of compute nodes which are still running lustre-1.6.7.2. on several HPC clusters. I would like to know:
>
> - When will lustre-1.6.x.x retire?

It was announced in the last LUG, etc that support for 1.6.x will end in June of this year.  We will still provide ongoing support for a limited number customers on 1.6.x as in the terms of their contracts.

http://wiki.lustre.org/index.php/Lustre_Release_Information

I did a search to see if the 1.6 EOL was sent out to lustre-announce, but I couldn't see any email to that effect.

> - Does Oracle still maintain and upgrade it to new version?

There are no new 1.6.x releases being made by Oracle, though bugs are still occasionally fixed for existing customers and are available as patches in bugzilla.

> - Where can I download it? Looks like the download link disappeared.

It looks like it might still be accessed via http://downloads.lustre.org/ but we really encourage users to upgrade to 1.8, which has been GA for 2 years and is widely in use.  Unlike the 1.6.x releases, the 1.8 (and later) releases are split into "feature" and "bugfix" releases, and 1.8 is already in the latter mode - it will not be getting any major feature additions and is focussed on stability.

Lustre Technical Lead
Oracle Corporation Canada Inc.