[Lustre-discuss] manual OST failover for maintenance work?

Adeyemi Adesanya yemi at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Dec 6 09:57:26 PST 2010

Hi.

We have pairs of OSS nodes hooked up to shared storage arrays
containing OSTs but we have not enabled any failover settings yet. Now
we need to perform maintenance work on an OSS and we would like to
minimize Lustre downtime. Can I use tunefs.lustre to specify the OSS
failover NID for an existing OST? I assume i'll have to take the OST
offline to make this change. Will clients that have Lustre mounted
pick up this change or will all clients have to remount? I should
mention that we are running Lustre 1.8.2.

-------
Yemi