[Lustre-discuss] Lustre Quotas

Landen Tian zhiyong.tian at oracle.com
Mon Dec 6 18:01:44 PST 2010

Mark Nelson wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Several years ago there was a thread discussing some of the problems
> with Lustre Quotas and what kinds of things might be done to move
> forward.  I was wondering if/how things have improved since then?  Any
> one have any thoughts/experiences they would be willing to share?
>
> Here's the thread from 2008:
> http://lists.lustre.org/pipermail/lustre-devel/2008-May/002451.html
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

As everyone knows, HEAD(2.0) already supports quota. It has been done by
Fanyong.
Currently, a redesign and reimplementation for porting quota to kdmu is
going on. Its main tasks
include:
1. support new osd api
2. build separate quota connections between quota master and quota
slaves, instead of using ldlm
    reverse import.
Certainly, I will do some optimization for quota code at the same time.
Other issues will be handled
in the future.

landen