[Lustre-discuss] sync_journal

Andreas Dilger andreas.dilger at oracle.com
Wed Dec 8 23:59:07 PST 2010

On 2010-05-21, at 12:35, Kit Westneat wrote:
>> I'd think (without having tried it) that:
>>
>> lctl conf_param {fsname}.obdfilter.sync_journal=0
>>

> That's the first one I tried :-) BTW, conf_param doesn't fail nicely. If you all are revisiting it, it would be nice to get some output on stderr that it's failed.

Kit,
FYI I wanted to set this parameter on my home filesystem, and after some poking around I found the correct syntax.  Not ideal, since the parameter needs to be set separately for every OST, but workable:

For every OST in the filesystem:
lctl conf_param {fsname}-OST0000.ost.sync_journal=0
lctl conf_param {fsname}-OST0001.ost.sync_journal=0
:
:
lctl conf_param {fsname}-OST000N.ost.sync_journal=0

Lustre Technical Lead
Oracle Corporation Canada Inc.