[Lustre-discuss] Renaming an OSS

Wojciech Turek wjt27 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Dec 13 13:48:24 PST 2010

I think that Andreas got confused and thought that you want rename OST.

Renaming OSS is easy and don't require any Lustre reconfiguration if your
Lustre configuration is based on IP addresses and not hostnames.

If you have heartbeat, you need to change names in configuration

Best regards,

Wojciech

On 13 December 2010 21:34, Bob Ball <ball at umich.edu> wrote:

> Yes, just the DNS name.  From Andreas' response, it would seem this is
> not something I want to do.
>
> bob
>
> On 12/13/2010 4:11 PM, Lundgren, Andrew wrote:
> > Are you talking about renaming the DNS name of the host machine, or
> something else?

Wojciech Turek