[Lustre-discuss] Lustre community build server

Robert Read rread at whamcloud.com
Wed Dec 15 11:48:02 PST 2010

Hi,

As I mentioned the other day, Whamcloud is hosting a Hudson build server and producing snapshot builds for Centos 5.x (and Ubuntu 10.4 when it works) for both 1.8.x and 2.x branches. Our intention is for this to be a resource for the Lustre community to find recent Lustre packages for variety of Linux distributions. Early next year we'll connect this to our test system so at least some of the packages can be tested, as well.

We would be interested in hearing from anyone that would like to participate producing builds. Hudson is an distributed system, and it's easy to add more build nodes, even behind firewalls (some of us are running build VMs on our home machines). If you would like add another distribution or architecture we don't have yet, or even one we do have (the more the merrier), we'd be happy to work with you to do that.  Please contact me if you are interested.

cheers,
robert