[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 1.8.1 QDR Support

Jagga Soorma jagga13 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 13:21:21 PST 2010

Hi Guys,

Wanted to give a bit more information.  So for some reason the transfer
rates on my ib interfaces are autonegotiating at 20Gb/s (4X DDR).  However,
these are QDR HCA's.

Here is the hardware that I have:

HP IB 4X QDR PCI-e G2 Dual Port HCA
HP 3M 4X DDR/QDR QSFP IB Cu Cables
Qlogic 12200 QDR switch

I am using all the lustre provided rpms on my servers (RHEL 5.3) and clients
(SLES 11).  All my servers in this cluster are auto negotiating to 20Gb/s
(4X DDR) which should be 40Gb/s (4X QDR).

Are any others out there using QDR?  If so, did you run into anything
similar to this?  Is there any specific configuration that is needed for the
servers to detect the higher rates.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

-J