[Lustre-discuss] client I/O

Michael Robbert mrobbert at mines.edu
Thu Jan 7 12:32:26 PST 2010

People may want to be a little careful when trying to utilize the "exports" directory that you mention. I just tried the cat the stats file for a random client on my MDS and it caused a kernel panic. The exact command I used was:
cat mgs/MGS/exports/172.16.44.30\@o2ib/stats

Could this be a known bug or should I file a bug report on it? We are running Lustre 1.6.7.2 on RedHat 4.5. I didn't get a full kernel dump, but I did get a picture of the screen before I rebooted. The last line of the panic reads:

RIP [<ffffffff8868a07b.] :obdclass:lprocfs_stats_seq_show+0xcb/0x210

Mike Robbert