[Lustre-discuss] [mpich-discuss] adio lustre patch

pascal.deveze at bull.net pascal.deveze at bull.net
Wed Jan 13 01:37:20 PST 2010

Hi,

I have checked the patch proposed  by Martin Pokorny. To me, all seem to
be very judicious. (On my part, I had another solution in test, but I will
adopt
that solution from Martin). For now on, I cannot see any programm that does
not run
correctly.

Now, my two pence contribution one that patch, on the file
ad_lustre_wrstr.c:

- A few lines before the end of the file, just after the call to
ADIO_WriteContig(...),
   if the return code is not success, free the buffer writebuf :

   if (*error_code != MPI_SUCCESS) {
                        ADIOI_Free(writebuf);
                        return;
   }

-  There are two calls to memset() that could be removed or put in comments
    (for performance reason).

Concerning the calculation of "avail_cb_nodes" in ad_lustre_aggregate.c, I
noticed that my solution (adopted by Martin) and the new patch from LiuYing
are not fully acceptable if the values of nprocs_for_coll and CO increase
(we are
supposed to deal with petaflopic clusters here).
I will propose a new solution in a new mail to the lists, I hope today.

Pascal