[Lustre-discuss] What HA Software to use with Lustre

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Thu Jan 14 21:10:27 PST 2010

Am Freitag, 15. Januar 2010 00:48:53 schrieb Jagga Soorma:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am setting up our new Lustre environment and was wondering what is the
> recommended (stable) HA clustering software to use with the MDS and OSS
> failover.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> -J

The docs describe heartbeat but the software is not recommended any more.
Neither heartbeat version 1 nor heartbeat version 2. Instead the projects
openais and pacemaker replaced the funcionallity of heartbeat. For the new
project please see
www.clusterlabs.org

A introduction into pacemaker can be found at:
http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/en-
US/Pacemaker/1.0/html/Pacemaker_Explained/index.html

Greetings,