[Lustre-discuss] Heartbeat Failover Issues on MDS

Jagga Soorma jagga13 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 15:02:19 PST 2010

Hi Guys,

I am setting up a heartbeat cluster for my 2 MDS servers.  However, I am
running into the following issue.  If I power off the passive node and
heartbeat uncleanly shuts down, then after the server is brought back online
and the heartbeat services are started, all my resource are shutdown
eventhough they are running on the active node and then brought back online
automatically.  Am I missing some settings here?  Stickiness?  I have been
unable to get this to work.

Also do I need to disable the lvm2-monitor service on my MDS's?  Any
assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-J