[Lustre-discuss] STONITH - Heartbeat 2.1.4

Crawford, Philip I. philip.crawford at chevron.com
Fri Jan 22 08:51:53 PST 2010

Hi all:

I am using luster 1.8.2-RC3 and heartbeat 2.1.4-10 and trying to get an
external script to STONITH my nodes that are connected to an APC rack
PDU.  I am using heartbeat in version 1 mode and would prefer to use an
existing external script and have it showing up in the stonith -L list.

All the script requires is a command start stop or status to control a
port that is pre-programmed in the script (it's partners port).

It is being caled from the ha.cf with:

stonith_host * external/rpower.apc.phil off ngs5011
stonith_host * external/rpower.apc.phil off ngs5012

The logs in the ha-log show that the node is trying to reset but all it
sends is the getinfo-devid request to the script which it also sends on
a regular status request.

I haven't been able to figure the included external/rackpdu script at
all so would rather work with this known external script if possible.

Does anyone have any pointers or advice they can give?

Thanks.