[Lustre-discuss] e2fsprogs conflicts with previously installed packages

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 17:06:04 PST 2010

I was trying to install the e2fsprogs package from the Lustre site but
it seems it conflicts with what I already have installed via yum on my
CentOS installation:

rpm -ihv e2fsprogs-1.41.6.sun1-0redhat.rhel5.x86_64.rpm

file /lib64/libblkid.so.1.0 from install of
e2fsprogs-1.41.6.sun1-0redhat conflicts with file from package
e2fsprogs-libs-1.39-23.el5
file /lib64/libcom_err.so.2.1 from install of
e2fsprogs-1.41.6.sun1-0redhat conflicts with file from package
e2fsprogs-libs-1.39-23.el5
[snip]

What's the solution around this? Do I yum remove my original package?
Problem is that if I try to do that yum reports about 200 odd packages
that it wants to remove along with it.

--
Rahul