[Lustre-discuss] slow direct_io , slow journal .. in OST log

Lex lexluthor87 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 23:17:10 PST 2010

From: Lex <lexluthor87 at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 2:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Lustre-discuss] slow direct_io , slow journal .. in OST log
To: Mark Hahn <hahn at mcmaster.ca>
Cc: Erik Froese <erik.froese at gmail.com>

There was a problem with our raid controller this morning, raid array was
degraded ( I reinstalled the hard drive and its state was *rebuilding* right
after that )  and from messages log, i saw many warnings like this:

*Jan 26 13:59:13 OST6 kernel: Lustre:
9589:0:(filter.c:1363:filter_parent_lock()) lustre-OST0006: slow parent lock
49s
Jan 26 13:59:13 OST6 kernel: Lustre:
9589:0:(filter.c:1363:filter_parent_lock()) Skipped 10 previous similar
messages
Jan 26 13:59:13 OST6 kernel: Lustre:
9638:0:(filter_io.c:398:filter_preprw_read()) lustre-OST0006: slow
preprw_read setup 34s*

I have never seen *slow parent lock *or *preprw-read  *before. Maybe
everything is going down fast and severely, Do all you guys have any ideas
for my situation ?

Just guess, i think it was impacted by performance decreasing issue during
rebuild raid array.

Best regards