[Lustre-discuss] 8T Limit

Johann Lombardi johann at sun.com
Tue Jan 26 09:55:11 PST 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 09:15:13AM -0800, Peter Jones wrote:
> Yes, that is correct. So far we have only tested on RHEL5

To be clear, 16TB support is only for rhel5 using ext4-based ldiskfs.
The default for rhel5 is still to use ext3. We will actually provide
2 sets of rpms, one with ext3-based ldiskfs (for people who do not
need >8TB support) and one with ext4-based ldiskfs.
For those who want to compile their own rpms, ext4 can be selected
at configure time with the --enable-ext4 option.

Johann