[Lustre-discuss] problem with few partitions

Tue Jan 26 11:03:27 PST 2010

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 19:47 +0100, Giacinto Donvito wrote:

> but, I have tested it already with at least one partition:
>
> e2fsck -fy /dev/sdb1

And does that run cleanly (i.e no repairs are needed) on all of your
targets?  If not, you need to get to that point.  If you run e2fsck -fy
on a single target twice and it returns errors both times, then either
there is a bug in the e2fsck or the device is still corrupting.  You
should also ensure you are using Sun's latest e2fsprogs release.

> but anyhow the client still do not see it after a partition remount.

You need to fix your issues on the OST(s) before you can move on to
seeing what the client does.

> It could be possible that I need to switch the entire server off and restart it?

Not likely, no.

b.