[Lustre-discuss] 8T Limit

Johann Lombardi johann at sun.com
Tue Jan 26 13:38:04 PST 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 11:41:40AM -0800, Tommi T wrote:
> Hmm, nice to know. Where I can find more information about differences
> between ext3/4 based ldiskfs?

Actually, you won't see any change at the lustre level, except bigger target
support. Rebasing ldiskfs on ext4 allows us to reduce the number of patches
we have to apply (e.g. extents, mballoc, ...) and to take advantage of fixes
that went into the mainline and were not in our ldiskfs patches.

> I'd assume that 1.6 ext3 based lustre fs cannot be upgraded to ext4 based?

Yes, you can upgrade from ext3 to ext4.

> How about quota support?

No change.

Johann