[Lustre-discuss] problem with few partitions

Wed Jan 27 05:51:48 PST 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 11:23 +0100, Giacinto Donvito wrote:
> I have executed the e2fsck many times on affected partitions, obtaining always the same error.
>
> for example:
> ########################
> Error reading block 307363840 (Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read) while reading inode and block bitmaps.  Ignore error? yes
>
> What I could check now?

Well, it's really difficult to tell without being able to dig in deeper,
but it looks like either your filesystem is bigger than your device  or
you are having some other kind of problem reading from the physical
disk.  Perhaps it's time to consider that drive dead and replace it.

Once you do replace it (with a device big enough to hold the data), you
could "image copy" (i.e. dd) the contents from the old device to the new
one and then restart your e2fsck operation on that new device.

b.