[Lustre-discuss] Permanently delete OST

Lundgren, Andrew Andrew.Lundgren at Level3.com
Fri Jan 29 12:31:48 PST 2010

I went back with our guys internally and reviewed the "--perm" parameter.  It turns out that is a parameter that was put into our wrapper scripts to simplify the process.  We are doing it today, but Brian is correct that the "perm" parameter doesn't exist in the luster software.  If needed, I can go back into our scripts and dig out the actual luster commands we are using to do this.

It is worth noting that we are NOT leaving a dead point in the OST list and are replacing a bad OST id # with a new one.

--
Andrew