[Lustre-discuss] I/O error on clients

Peter Kitchener pkitchener at cmcrc.com
Tue Jul 6 16:20:01 PDT 2010

Hi All,

The NICs we're using are Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM57711 10-Gigabit PCIe They're a Dual Port SFP+ card. Connected to a Dell PowerConnect 8024F.

Currently we're using the open source driver bnx2x as provided in the kernel, there doesn't appear to be any dropped packets on the clients or servers.

Could it be that the Lock callback timer threshold is too low? Im uncertain if there is a way of altering this threshold.

Could there be some sort of kernel buffer or limit set too low on the clients/servers?

Regards,

Peter Kitchener
Systems Administrator
Capital Markets CRC Limited (CMCRC)
Telephone: +61 2 8088 4223
Fax: +61 2 8088 4201
www.cmcrc.com

Capital Markets CRC Ltd - Confidential Communication
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential.  It is intended for the addressee only.  If you receive this e-mail by mistake please promptly inform us by reply e-mail and then delete the e-mail and destroy any printed copy. You must not disclose or use in any way the information in the e-mail. There is no warranty that this e-mail is error or virus free. It may be a private communication, and if so, does not represent the views of the CMCRC and its associates.  If it is a private communication, care should be taken in opening it to ensure that undue offence is not given.