[Lustre-discuss] tunefs.lustre --print fails on mounted mdt/ost with mmp

Nate Pearlstein npearl at sgi.com
Wed Jul 14 12:29:07 PDT 2010

Just checking to be sure this isn't a known bug or problem.  I couldn't
find a bz for this, but it would appear that tunefs.lustre --print fails
on a lustre mdt or ost device if mounted with mmp.

Is this expected behavior?

TIA

mds1-gps:~ # tunefs.lustre --print /dev/mapper/mdt1
checking for existing Lustre data: not found

tunefs.lustre FATAL: Device /dev/mapper/mdt1 has not been formatted with
mkfs.lustre
tunefs.lustre: exiting with 19 (No such device)
mds1-gps:~ #

Command works fine when unmounted.

--
Sent from my wired giant hulking workstation

Nate Pearlstein - npearl at sgi.com - Product Support Engineer