[Lustre-discuss] Optimize parallel compilation on lustre

Maxence Dunnewind maxence at dunnewind.net
Thu Jul 15 23:27:45 PDT 2010

> I just tried your patch, which is not working very well :D
>
> If I am on one node, the results are a bit better (8min30 against 9min07), but
> as soon as I compile in // on more than one node, I get many compilation errors.
These results was for a linux-2.6.34 defconfig compile.

I just tried on qt4, and it compiles correctly, the results are :
-j 16  : 30min35 against 32 min
-j 8 : same time (34min25 vs 34min36)

Regards,

Maxence

--
Maxence DUNNEWIND
Contact : maxence at dunnewind.net
Site : http://www.dunnewind.net
06 32 39 39 93
GPG : 18AE 61E4 D0B0 1C7C AAC9  E40D 4D39 68DB 0D2E B533