[Lustre-discuss] NFS Export Issues

William Olson lustre_admin at reachone.com
Fri Jul 16 17:05:35 PDT 2010

On 7/16/2010 4:35 PM, Kevin Van Maren wrote:
> Without more information about the server error messages and exact nfs
> configuration, not sure anyone can help more than this.  A common
> problem with Lustre NFS exports, one that isn't due to normal
> NFS/configuration issues, is getting error -43 when the mds did not
> have the client's IDs in its /etc/passwd and /etc/group files.

No -43 errors, and I have group_upcall turned off anyhow( I think that's
what the -43 corresponds too.. )

I'm not having any issues with permissions when using the lustre mount
locally, or when rsyncing data from another client to the server hosting
the lustre fs.

> Dumb question, but have you checked the permissions on the NFS
> server's Lustre mount point (before/after Lustre is mounted), and
> exported a non-Lustre directory successfully?

Lustre mounted:
drwxrwxrwx 29 root root 4.0K Jul 12 17:03 lustre_mail_fs
Lustre not mounted:
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4.0K Jun 10 13:26 lustre_mail_fs

I have no trouble exporting a local fs..