[Lustre-discuss] I/O error on clients

Christopher J. Morrone morrone2 at llnl.gov
Tue Jul 20 12:06:10 PDT 2010

On 07/07/2010 01:04 AM, Gabriele Paciucci wrote:
> Hi,
> the ptlrcp bug is a problem, but i don't find in the Peter's logs any
> refer to an eviction caused by the ptlrpc but instead by a timeout
> during the comunication between a ost and the client. But Peter could
> make a downgrade to 1.8.1.1 that not suffer by the problem.

The bug that I describe does not have any messages about the ptlrpcd
performing evictions.  The server's "I think it's dead, and I am
evicting it", and other messages about the server timing out on the
client are the only messages that you will see with the bug that I
described.

But like I said, there are many possible reasons for timeouts, so it
could easily be something else.

Chris