[Lustre-discuss] OST partition shrink

Andreas Dilger andreas.dilger at oracle.com
Wed Jul 21 09:17:21 PDT 2010

This isn't something we test here, but in theory it should work. The OST object ids have nothing to do with the on-disk inode numbers, so inode renumbering during the resize shouldn't cause any Lustre-visible issues.

I would recommend to do a raw copy of the OST filesystem, find some files with inode numbers in the part of the filesystem that will be removed, run a full e2fsck, resize, run another full e2fsck and then validate the data and xattrs in some of the files that were moved.

Cheers, Andreas