[Lustre-discuss] strange Lustre messages

Dmitry Zogin dmitry.zoguine at oracle.com
Thu Jul 22 06:54:25 PDT 2010

Hello Werner,

These are debug messages, more likely just informative in your case.
This might happen, for instance, if Lustre modules are already loaded on
one of the servers (OSS or MDS), but the targets are not yet mounted.
Then, the pinger requests coming from another node are dropped, as there
is no matching export. As soon as targets are mounted, messages are stopped.
As the messages can be annoying, D_NETERROR category was dropped from
the default libcfs_printk mask (bz 20247).
It looks like, you still have D_NETERROR enabled in printk mask on your
nodes.

# sysctl lnet.printk
will show that, and

# sysctl -w lnet.printk=-neterror

will stop remove neterror messages from printk mask.

Dmitry